Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finished Section 21 (9:11-10:3)

That wall I just mentioned hitting (see last post) continues to put up resistance. I created 23 strips but two are incomplete. I included a "slide show," I deconstructed verse 11, and I staged a violent fight that breaks out between students while Mr. Q babbles on. I'm not sure if these surreal shenanigans are the result of brain fatigue or inspiration.

The point of this post is to mark the completion of chapter nine; 40 verses to go.

In reflecting on those initial character thumbnails posted earlier, I'm reminded that I'm going to not only draw this guy a lot but I've got to look at him constantly for months so I better find his face appealing, interesting, and engaging. I do not find those quickie sketches anywhere near done, but drawing them was a good change of brain power and they helped me finish writing the text for that section.

These posts will be so much more interesting when I can insert more drawings. Please stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment