Wednesday, March 14, 2012

ETC (Estimated Time of Completion) and More Decisions....

  1. Finish writing First Draft dialog for final 5 sections by April 15, 2012.
  2. Reread and edit entire script Second Draft (450+ 6 panel strips) by May 15.
  3. Create and draw character sheets for 8-12 key students by July 1.
  4. Start printing Third Draft of all 8.5" x 11" pages on paper for thumbnails on July 1.
  5. Scan and post these "roughs" on Ecclesiastes University blog as they emerge.
  6. Finish thumbnails by September 1.
  7. Start printing Forth Draft of 8.5" x 11" pages on card stock for pencil and ink: September 1.
  8. Post those finished drawings on this site as they emerge. (Check for visual clarity, font sizes, word balloon placement, etc).
  9. Post last page (450?) on this blog by Dec. 31, 2012.
Still to be decided: brush pen or felt tip? Black and white or color? Will there be section breaks? It's possible that I could simply number pages 1-450+ with no chapter/section breaks. If I do make section breaks, how? We'll see. Will I limit myself to six strips per page? I'm tempted to do several one panel drawings to fill a whole page (homage to Herge and a visual relief to talking heads). Do I identify in each strip verse references? If so, how to do so unobtrusively. Do I add footnotes at the end siting my sources? I'd rather not; any direct quotes I make are public domain (I quote Shakespeare a lot, the Declaration of Independence, various philosophers and comedians, etc without credit. Will revisit this; un-credited quotes could be thorny).

No comments:

Post a Comment