Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finished First Rough Draft!

A pile of sixty-nine large (14" x 18") hand written notes have been converted to twenty five Publisher files, each of which contain about 20 pages, each of which consists of six panels. I've got a huge drawing task ahead of me. I am going to pencil, hand ink, and then hand color approximately 3000 individual panels.

Each of those 3000 individual panels already contain the word balloons and text I started writing last Christmas. Converting the book of Ecclesiastes into a classroom dialog was a blast. I was able to ponder each word and react to it.

Achieving this milestone marks the end of stage one and the beginning of stage two: reread and edit while fleshing out the characters. I do not want to design the classroom or costumes yet.

At the same time I read somewhere that some movie makers edit their script just before filming. We'll just have to see what stage two entails. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment