Saturday, March 17, 2012

Caricatures

1998: I discovered hundreds of caricature artists on line, joined the National Caricature Network, and over the next 8 years drew over 20,000 noses.

Performed at corporate gigs, fairs, and fests (Tugboat Fest, Sausage Fest, Etc. Fest).

For $5 and three minutes customers would get a quick profile sketch. It was a blast.
I'd set up my booth and the crowds would gather.
I was invited to teach a summer art class for kids at Western Washington University (Bellingham). More fun!
I sold maybe one quarter of the 2500 gag cartoons I drew over the years.
I love faces.
Dennis Hopper
I draw studio drawings from photos.

And for a grand finale I want to illustrate Ecclesiastes. Hopefully these samples will convince you to hang in here and wait for the finished product. I'm itchin' to get drawing. But as Russell Myers, the creator of the comic strip Broom Hilda told me in 1980, "Learning how to write is harder than learning how to draw. So get the words right first." 

So...I keep plugging away at the words. Please stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment